Tips from a recent Men’s Health article:
- Consume enough calories - it takes calories to form antibodies to fend of germs. If you're consuming the right amount calories, your body weight shouldn't move more than 1-2 pounds per week.
- Make sure you're getting enough rest - insufficient sleep depresses the immune system. Avoid excessive caffeine.
- Take 5-15 grams of L-Glutamine (they recommended GNC Pro Performance) after a workout - good for your white blood cells.
- Make sure you're not exercising too much and giving your body time to repair itself.
- Drink lots of water
- Get a flu shot, especially if you have respiratory problems, heart problems or asthma.